This week in lecture we began looking at BSTs and big-O complexity. Binary Search Trees are a type of tree where the data in the left subtree is less than that of the root and the data on the right subtree is greater than that of the root. This efficiently stores data into easy to find information. I found working with BSTs much easier than regular trees.
We later recalled list searching from csc108 and looked at their performance. The performance is an algorithm independent from the efficiency of hardware, language or random events. It focuses on the size of the input. We looked at runtime analysis to compare different efficiencies of different sorting methods such as bubble, quick, insert, etc. This is something I found very challenging. I took css165 last semester and struggled with the big-o unit and seeing them again in csc148 I guess made me approach it with fear. I did the readings and looked at a lot of performance efficiency of different methods and somewhat got a better understanding of the material. I'll definitely need to go over that in detail before the exam.
No comments:
Post a Comment